[NETWORKING] WLAN USB sometimes works, sometimes not

Benjamin Herbert benherbert at gmx.de
Fri Aug 24 10:57:18 UTC 2007

Dear list,

I have run into a problem and would be glad if you could help me.

I have set up a wireless network which runs on WPA. I have a desktop
computer with installed wireless network USB dongle from Fiberline.
(zd1211 module)

I set up the current Ubuntu and everything worked like a charm out of
the box. I chose my network in the Network manager and entered the key.
Wonderful...so far.

Now from time to time after I start my computer, I do NOT have a
connection and the AP is not found. But iwconfig still shows my eth1
WLAN capable.

If this happens, the only way to gain access again is to do 1 or two
reboots.

The essid is not hidden and there is no mac-filtering. Only the WPA
protection.

Can you give me some hints about this?

Sincerely
B.Herbert