Ubuntu on Biostart GeForce6100-M9 motherboard X has strange action

Alex Janssen alex at ourwoods.org
Fri Aug 24 00:18:21 UTC 2007

I found this motherboard on the community docs as working, so I got one.
Ubuntu 7.04 goes through the install process fairly well even though the
screen res is 800x600 and too low to see the OK buttons on the bottom to
the dialog boxes.
But upon the first reboot I discovered that I cannot log into X because
every key I hit to type in my name causes it to cycle to the next lower
resolution.

I followed the instructions at
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Latest_Nvidia_Dapper?highlight=%28nvidia%29%7C%28line%29%7C%28install%29%7C%28command%29
to manually installed the nvidia-glx driver thinking that would fix it,
but it still does the same thing.  I'm not seeing the Nvidia logo as I
usually do with this driver on another system.

I'm not sure what to do at this point.

Alex

--
Ourwoods.org