pdf editor

Nigel Wilkinson nigel at waspz.co.uk
Thu Aug 23 21:25:44 UTC 2007

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 17:05:13 -0400
"Jimmy Wu" <jimmywu013+ubuntu-user-list at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just wondering if anyone knew of any pdf editors for Ubuntu?  I
> couldn't find any with the Add/Remove tool.
> Specifically, all I need to do is split a large pdf into several
> smaller chunks.

How about pdf tk

It can
 - Merge PDF documents
 - Split PDF pages into a new document
 - Decrypt input as necessary (password required)
 - Encrypt output as desired
 - Fill PDF Forms with FDF Data and/or Flatten Forms
 - Apply a Background Watermark
 - Report PDF on metrics, including metadata and bookmarks
 - Update PDF Metadata
 - Attach Files to PDF Pages or the PDF Document
 - Unpack PDF Attachments
 - Burst a PDF document into single pages
 - Uncompress and re-compress page streams
 - Repair corrupted PDF (where possible)

but I haven't used it myself

or a heavier gui editor try pdfedit which isn't in the repositories but
have a look at

http://pdfedit.petricek.net/pdfedit.index_e

debian packages are available

Cheers