pdf editor

Peter N Spotts pspotts at alum.mit.edu
Thu Aug 23 21:10:49 UTC 2007

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 17:05:13 -0400
"Jimmy Wu" <jimmywu013+ubuntu-user-list at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just wondering if anyone knew of any pdf editors for Ubuntu?  I
> couldn't find any with the Add/Remove tool.
> Specifically, all I need to do is split a large pdf into several
> smaller chunks.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jimmy

Dunno how many pages the document is, but in theory you could use
acroread to save your pdf file as text, then use OpenOffice's swriter to
divvy the file into two and convert each back into PDFs. I
doubt this will work with art-heavy pdf files, however...

Pete

--
Peter N. Spotts | Science reporter
The Christian Science Monitor