Nokia 770 and Maemo development on Ubuntu.

Michael R. Head burner at suppressingfire.org
Thu Aug 23 14:28:53 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-08-23 at 10:32 +0300, Amichai Rotman wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> Check out http://maemo.org
>
> That should get you started.
>
> I am very happy with my Nokia 770, and I would like to see some more
> apps available for it. Regretable, I am no developper...

Thanks, yeah, I'm subscribed to the maemo planet, and have seen the
tutorials there. They don't seem to totally match up with the releases
on scratchbox.org (1.0.7 vs. 1.0.8), and they don't have an
Ubuntu-specific setup. I was also hoping for a bit more straightforward
setup. I'm sure once I go through the instructions on the maemo site
everything will be good.

Also, I was looking for an Ubuntu repository to simplify installation
(I'll probably use the debian repository -- it should work OK on my i386
boxes)