i can't mount nfs share as rw
tomoki.taniguchi at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 08:25:47 UTC 2007
I am trying to export a folder from one server using nfs
and mount it on two different clients as a read/write enabled
i have been following the instructions on (except for locking down
portmap for now)
1) apt-get install portmap nfs-kernel-server on the server
2) apt-get install portmap nfs-common on the clients
3)setup the export lines on /etc/exports
/nfs-exports/xen-domUs x.x.x.1(rw,sync) x.x.x.2(rw,sync)
4) run "sudo exportfs -a", restarted portmap and nfs-kernel server
5) on the client i mount the exported folder
mount -o rw x.x.x.3:/nfs-exports/xen-domUs /xen/domUs
6) i confim that the nfs share is mounted rw by listing "mount"
7) i go to /xen/domUs and confirm the contents of the shared nfs exists.
but everytime i try to alter anything in the nfs share on the client,
i just simply get
rm: cannot remove `this': Permission denied
i can perform the same exact thing when i am directly on the nfs server.
what am i doing wrong here? why can't i write to the nfs share?
both clients and the nfs server is running feisty.
More information about the ubuntu-users