VMWare

Bart Silverstrim bsilver at chrononomicon.com
Wed Aug 22 17:02:06 UTC 2007

Hello all,

I'm looking at trying a beefier setup for configuring a VMWare-server
ubuntu system.  I am looking at using more than 4 gig of memory, which
I'm assuming would mean the 64 bit version of Ubuntu.

I'm familiar with configuring VMWare installs on Ubuntu from the repos,
so that's the method I was going to use to install it this time.

I've never used the 64 bit version of Ubuntu, so what problems would I
have to look out for?  Will VMWare work on the 64 bit version and use
more than 4 gig of memory, or is VMWare on 64 bit ubuntu treated like a
32 bit application and will be limited in memory use?

Some googling indicated that some people had problems with clock skewing
using 64 bit AMD processors...? Anyone experience this?

Any other notes or ideas on this?