blue screen

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Tue Aug 21 16:19:16 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-08-20 at 13:46 +0200, Mirco Bertossi wrote:
> Hi, I'm the glad owner of an aspire 5671 notebook, with an ATI x1400
> card. I noticed that when  I play a film, all the colours are vired on
> blue: I mean blue facies, the landscapes are mostly blue and so on.

This is a bug in xvideo in the proprietary ATi drivers (fglrx). See my
report here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-restricted-modules-2.6.20/+bug/93144

You can work around it by setting the video backend to OpenGL instead of
XV. Since you use fglrx anyway, this is just as fast.

In xine and mplayer, you can set it in the preferences (in xine you need
to change the level to intermediate to see the option). In
totem-gstreamer, you need to run gstreamer-properties (and I think
totem-xine has a config file in $(HOME). For vlc, edit
$(HOME)/.vlc/vlcrc