hp install problem.

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.org
Mon Aug 20 22:20:19 UTC 2007

I have an HP Proliant ML350 G5 5130 Server with five 320GB Seagate ES drives in
a 200i raid controller RAID 5 array and 4 GB of fully buffered DDR2 that is
having problems installing 606LTS.  it get to the language selection prompt and
then hangs.  HP supplied a copy of debian sarge that installed without problem.
  I've told the admin to try feisty and if that fails, we can live with sarge.
I'm curious though, why the failure?  disk driver problems?