Evolution Backup

Philippe DIDIER pdidier at neptuneconcept.com
Mon Aug 20 03:15:38 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-08-19 at 21:24 -0400, Vitaly Babiy wrote:
> Hello
> All you have to do is move .evolution to you new laptop in you home dir
>
> On Sun, 2007-08-19 at 15:35 -0700, Dennis wrote:
> > I would like to transfer my Evolution Mail Folder to my new laptop.  Can
> > anyone point me to a site with detail commands on how to accomplish this
> > task.  Dennis

Hi, copying .evolution to your new laptop is one good way to do it. Dont
forget do force evolution to shutdown first :
$ evolution --force-shutdown
By the way, you "should" have to write down your password(s) first
because if I remember good, I am not sure they will be copied as well.
Philippe

--
Philippe DIDIER
IT Manager Neptune Concept