wireshark ?

Andy stude.list at googlemail.com
Sun Aug 19 19:00:53 UTC 2007

On 19/08/07, stan <stanb at panix.com> wrote:
> I use wireshark all the time, but apt-get does not seem to know where to
> get a binary. What d I need to add to the sources list to find this?

If your using an older version of Ubuntu (e.g. 6.06 LTS) it won't be there.
6.06 does have ethereal though (what Wireshark used to be called).

Both Ethereal and Wireshark are in the Universe repositories.

Note: Do not install Ethereal on Edgy or above, it's only a dummy
package to pull in Wireshark for those who had Ethereal on an earlier
release.

Andy

--
Computers are like air conditioners.  Both stop working, if you open windows.
                -- Adam Heath