Ubuntu and Oracle products/How many of you are using them?

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Sun Aug 19 18:27:26 UTC 2007

Mauricio Hernandez Z. wrote:

> Hi all there,
>
> Simple questions:
>
>  * Is there anyone here using Oracle products on Ubuntu production boxes?

I just use them on development boxes.

>  * If so, is the performance ok/acceptable?

It's a bit of a wide target.  Which "products"?  Jdeveloper & SQLDeveloper
are acceptable - much more so than on XP.  Oracle XE is tolerable for a
development environment, but I could never run it for production on my
machines - but then they're much much smaller machines than the Unix box
that runs our production Oracle DB.
--
derek