How to upgrade edgy to feisty?

David Vincent dvincent at sleepdeprived.ca
Sun Aug 19 16:10:41 UTC 2007

cj wrote:
> Dennis Mouille wrote:
>> How do I upgrade from edgy to feisty from the command line?  If
>> someone could point me to a site that will give specific instructions
>> it would be appreciated.
>> thanks, Dennis

>> Get news, entertainment and everything you care about at Live.com.
>> Check it out! <http://www.live.com/getstarted.aspx%20>
> i believe sudo apt-get distro update is your answer
>
> --cj

- edit /etc/apt/sources.list
- disable any third-party repos
- replace any occurrence of "edgy" with "feisty"
- at the prompt run "sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade"
- then wait and keep checking for prompts about overwriting customized
files etc. etc.

if it craps out you can usually get back on track by running:

- sudo apt-get install -f
- sudo dpkg --configure -a

and once those commands stop returning errors you can resume the upgrade
by running the "sudo apt-get dist-upgrade" command again.

-d

hope this helps