dhull at digitaloverload.net
Fri Aug 17 18:16:21 UTC 2007
Here's what I have:
* Edubuntu 7.04 with updates
* Intel motherboard
* Two SATA drives of the same size
* SWAP is not on RIAD
o Each drive has a swap partition
* Software RAID1
1. How do I install GRUB on sdb?
2. How do I configure grub to boot even if one drive is missing or
1. Example: sda goes bad. Need to boot from sdb
I'm not sure how this works but I read somewhere that swap should
not be on a RAID partition. Some edititing of /etc/fstab needs to be
done. Can someone tell me what goes in there?
Here's what should happen:
1. If a drive fails the system should continue to run
2. If the system is rebooted the good drive should boot
This is assuming that everything is configured correctly.
More information about the ubuntu-users