Fernando's massive sig(now off-topic but in-thread)

Steve Lamb grey at dmiyu.org
Fri Aug 17 07:41:24 UTC 2007

Bart Silverstrim wrote:

(yes, I snipped attributions, no idea who said what, immaterial to my point)

>>>   ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>   Brian Fahrländer                 Christian, Conservative, and
>>> Technomad Evansville, IN
>>> http://Fahrlander.net/brian ICQ: 5119262
>>> AOL/Yahoo/GoogleTalk: WheelDweller

>> Well said Brian! Take the high road!

> Everyone! Standardize on this format for sigs!

> Makes it easier to create a filter to strip it out of text mail...

    Uh, no.  How about adopting the 20 year old standard of starting your
signature with dash dash space newline ("-- \n") which most software used by
Linuxistas filters or colorizes or strips out as the end user sees fit.
You'll notice that the mailing list does this.  ;)