Cannot Sudo

Brian Fahrlander brian at fahrlander.net
Thu Aug 16 02:06:48 UTC 2007

Peter Garrett wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 08:11:39 -0400
> Roberto Waltman <ubuntu at rwaltman.com> wrote:
>
>> ( You need to be part of the admin group, or add your group to
>> /etc/sudoers.  The existing line in the cd "%admin ALL=(ALL)
>> NOPASSWD: ALL" )
>
> This is set on the live CD so that no password is required for sudo.
>
> On a standard Ubuntu install the line should read:
>
> %admin ALL=(ALL) ALL
>
> That is, unless you want a sudo with no password, which may or may not be
> your wish ...

    ...and lest we forget: make sure your username is in the "admin"
group, aye?   (Is it "admin" or "adm"? I forget...)

  Brian Fahrländer                 Christian, Conservative, and Technomad
  Evansville, IN                              http://Fahrlander.net/brian
  ICQ: 5119262                         AOL/Yahoo/GoogleTalk: WheelDweller