dual boot system

Kenneth Loafman kenneth at loafman.com
Wed Aug 15 17:49:47 UTC 2007

Robert Schlueter wrote:
> I've been using Ubuntu for about a month now. I left ms windows on the
> system in a much smaller partition, mainly because it is the only way I
> can use my hp scanner or lexmark printer. But I have 500GB for Ubuntu
> and that is more than I need. My question is, is it possible to run more
> than two OS's on one computer? I'd like to experiment with other Linux
> distros.

With VMware you would be able to run your Windows partition as a virtual
machine plus be able to install multiple distros to play around with.  I
do that all the time.  An 8GB virtual disk is enough to install a distro
and with Samba you can share the host with your virtual machines, or use
VMware's shared folders.

...Ken