unrecognized cdrom drive

Brian Fahrlander brian at fahrlander.net
Tue Aug 14 16:19:25 UTC 2007

Charles philip Chan wrote:

> I got confused at the beginning too. For some strange reason (if anyone
> knows, please tell me), Feisty uses SCSI emulation for everything. So
> try /dev/scd0

    I heard Feisty was all SCSI emulation...but Xcdroast doesn't seem to
think it is.

    But a bigger problem is how, despite hardware-revealing tools say
otherwise, most software tells me the my previously-working drives have
no kinds of media they can support. (The DVD supports dozens of media,
and until I loaded Feisty over the top of Dapper, I can't burn anything
any more.

     Is there any chance you have some details on this?  I don't need a
question-n-answer, if you can point me to a web page...

     Thanks!

  Brian Fahrländer                 Christian, Conservative, and Technomad
  Evansville, IN                              http://Fahrlander.net/brian
  ICQ: 5119262                         AOL/Yahoo/GoogleTalk: WheelDweller