ubuntu/kubuntu is sloooooooow!

Chris racerx at makeworld.com
Mon Aug 13 21:25:56 UTC 2007

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 00:18:20 +0300
metin <metin at safe-mail.net> wrote:

> Ubuntu and derivatives are slow when compared with archlinux, pardus,
> fedora and even debian proper.
> I think it is really annoying for an OS otherwise very nice.
>
> Your ideas?

Oh - I dunno a few (then again, on my 3 Ghz box, Ubu runs damned fast).
Strip out what you don't need for one.

I (my own opinion) don't feel Ubu is made to be a barn burner. I
(again, my opinion) feel it's made to move Windows users away from
Windows. Giving them all possible OSS alternatives to try to make them
feel a bit more confy while allowing them to graduate slowly into the
Linux/Unix world.

If it's speed you want, then move along - there's nothing to see here.

--
Best regards,
Chris