Linux Vs Windows in security

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Mon Aug 13 21:08:21 UTC 2007

Chris wrote:
> case in point - many Windows users fail to set the admin password. From
> XP Pro to even Home edition.

Unfortunately It doesn't really help to set an admin password. I have done
that on my Windows XP Pro installation and I have a separate account
without admin privilege. But several programs I need only work WITH admin
privilege. And those are just user applications without a real need for
admin privilege. Of course it is a design fault of those programs, but it
is probably inherited from older Windows versions where there was no
privilege separation.

Nils