setting up beryl

Michele Zarri m.zarri at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 19:07:23 UTC 2007

> ok so i got XGL setup and it works just fine.
>
> beryl (under xgl) still gives me the same stuff. no window borders.
>
> --cj

Hello cj,

ATI mobility 7500 (Radeon 9000?) and Beryl. I had the same issue with the
Window decorator and I found on the forum that I needed to add an option to
the xorg.conf. Shame I do not remember which one. Chances are that it is
this one
    Option        "XAANoOffscreenPixmaps"

With enough patience you can go through all of the ones you haven't got one
by one and see which one sorts out the problem. As you have noticed I have
been messing around quite a bit myself :-)
Once you have added the option to /etc/X11/xorg.conf you just need to
restart gdm (ctrl+alt+backspace) rather than rebooting. Good luck!

Here's my device section:

Section "Device"
    Identifier    "Radeon Mobility 9000"
#    Driver        "ati"
    Driver        "radeon"
    BusID            "PCI:1:0:0"
    Option        "XAANoOffscreenPixmaps"
    Option      "AGPMode"    "2"
    Option        "AccelMethod"    "EXA"
   Option        "ColorTiling"   "on"
    Option        "BIOSHotkeys" "on"
## added the following 6 options and "radeon" instead of "ati" driver
#  Option "AGPMode" "4"
  Option "AGPFastWrite" "true"
  Option "DisableGLXRootClipping" "true"
  Option "AddARGBGLXVisuals" "true"