Can't find the kernel.

alex aradsky at ne.rr.com
Fri Aug 10 15:52:56 UTC 2007

I've spent a lot of time and effort just to get a peek at a kernel but
so far I have no concept what it looks like except that it contains
information that is critical to the operation of the system.

All the so called introductory websites seem to describe how to
configure the kernel to your liking but it
appears that everyone ignores telling us how to access it.

Please, oh please, can someone tell me how to get a peek at the kernel
so I can examine it?  Is it a single entity or is it made of multiple
components?

alex