Write to floppy?

larry shields larry at isp.com
Wed Aug 8 21:43:08 UTC 2007

cj wrote:

>>> norman, if he has the tab set to allow reading and writing, you still
>>> have ubuntu to deal with as it, for some reason, allows only the root
>>> user to write to teh floppy
>>>

>> I must admit it is a long time since I used a floppy but, if you want, I
>> will try to find one and see what happens. However, I am convinced that
>> floppies are easily mounted and used.
>>
>> Norman
>>

> right..you just have to access them with root permissions to write to
> them. otherwise you can only read
> --cj

Try mounting the floppy, like this...
Mount /media/floppy0, then cd /media/floppy0, you then should see the
prompt say norman at whatever:/media/floppy0 your floppy drives LED should
light up...

The do an 'ls' to list the files, now too write to the floppy you have
to be root...

Hope this helps you...

Larry