Write to floppy?

Matt Richards matt at faceparty.net
Wed Aug 8 19:10:33 UTC 2007

cj wrote:
> Stanczak Group wrote:
>
>> When I put a floppy in it opens as read only. I've tried accessing as
>> root and trying to mount it with -w as root. It just won't let me.
>> Anyone know why?
>>

> its because of root permissions (i tried changing them, but even in
> root, it wouldnt let me).
> so i created a shortcut which would mount it as root and open konqueror
> and view it as root so i could read/write to the floppy.
>

> HTH
>
> --cj

you could always mount it with ....

mount -t vfat /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy -o umask=0000

this should se the permissions to allow everybody to read/write,

when mounting vfat filesystems the permissiosns are normally taken from
the directory of the mount point as fat filesystems dont support
permissions.

Matt.