Which Ethernet?

das দাশ dasd.here at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 22:56:04 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-08-08 at 14:45 +0200, Markus Schönhaber wrote:
> Or you could search for pppd in /var/log/messages. When pppd
> establishes
> a connection it will log something like
> Aug  5 19:46:52 localhost pppd[3296]: Connect: ppp0 <--> eth1
> also telling you the interface in use.

Thank you all learned friends and thanks to Markus Schönhaber, this
really worked. I got a line in 'tail /var/log/message':
Connect: ppp2 <--> eth2.

And so the guess of Matt Richards was right. He said it will be that,
because eth0 is having no transfer.

And dear SteVe Cook, the problem was not seeing physically which one is
added to the modem, the problem was to get which one is named what,
without physically opening the cabinet and inspecting the MAC address.

---
das