System Restore

David Restall - System Administrator dave at restall.net
Wed Aug 8 07:50:00 UTC 2007

Hi,

Does anybody know of an application that will let me create an image of
a working system, burn that image to CD or DVD and then at a later date
boot from the CD/DVD and automatically rebuild the system as it was when
the image was taken ?

I've used systemimager in the past but this isn't quite what is required
in this situation - I can get it to do the job but there is a lot of
faffing about.

I can do the process manually, i.e. create a boot disk, create some tar
files, create some config files and put them all onto the cd/dvd but I'm
sure somebody somewhere must have already automated this process, I just
can't find it - maybe its google blindness :-(

TTFN

ubuntu/users-2008-08-08.tx                                     ubuntu-users
| Dave Restall, Computer Nerd, Cyclist, Radio Amateur G4FCU, Bodger          |
| Mob +44 (0) 7973 831245      Skype: dave.restall             Radio: G4FCU  |
| email : dave at restall.net                     Web : Not Ready Yet :-(       |
| You mean now I can SHOOT YOU in the back and further BLUR th' distinction  |
| between FANTASY and REALITY?                                               |