Progaramming: how to add a gui front end to a CL command?

Pete Holsberg pjh42 at pobox.com
Wed Aug 8 01:22:49 UTC 2007

Derek Broughton keyed the following on 8/7/2007 8:48 PM:
--
Pete Holsberg
Columbus, NJ

To be able under all circumstances to practice five things constitutes
perfect virtue; these five things are gravity, generosity of soul,
sincerity, earnestness and kindness....
--Confucius
> Derek Broughton wrote:
>
>> Pete Holsberg wrote:
>>
>>> Bruce Marshall keyed the following on 8/5/2007 5:39 PM:
>>> Not funny!

>>> Pick any command that takes arguments. Produce a front end so that a
>>> user doesn't have to remember what the choices for arguments are, can
>>> enter values for the ones he wants, and pass them along to the command.
>>>
>>> A little C, a little perl...
>>>
>> A little C?? Is Gnome so difficult? In KDE you just create a .desktop
>> file, and I would have thought in Gnome it would be exactly the same.
>
> Damn, that was dumb. Sorry. I was typing while doing other things. Now I
> feel like I need to write an introspective front end that can figure out
> what command line arguments a program takes, and present them in a GUI...

That's OK. But can you tell me what you meant???