Opera vs kde-pim

Brian Astill bastill at adam.com.au
Tue Aug 7 03:59:48 UTC 2007

On Tue, 7 Aug 2007 03:51:46 am Rick wrote:
> Can opera handle it well? or are there some limitation ?

Opera is a first class browser.  Anything else it sucks big time.
It treats you like a Windoze user - insists on making decisions
for you whether you want it or not.

EG Over a year ago I visited a site and wished to "contact us"
expecting my default mail client to appear - it didn't.  Opera's
client appeared instead and would NOT go away.  I can't remember
what i had to do to get back to browsing, but ever since
the "Error Console" has appeared at frequent intervals to tell me
it cannot contact my mail server.  Grrr!  I don't want it to!  I
gave up using Opera because of this nuisance.

At every upgrade of both Ubuntu (Dapper-Edgy-Feisty) and Opera
(7.n - 9.22) I have tried again using everything I could think
of.  The problem is still there.

I guess I've made my point.  :-)

--
Regards,