Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 - Odd printing problems

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 6 22:22:19 UTC 2007

I've experienced a very odd printing problem Thunderbird 2.0.0.6  that I
can't quite figure out. The symptoms are exactly the same with
w/SeaMonkey 1.1.4 (linux). Note: both Thunderbird & SeaMonkey were
recently updated by Mozilla due to security issues.

Problem: I cannot print an email message to my default CUPS printer. The
CUPS printer monitor will show that the message is printing, I wait, and
I wait, and the job never prints. The interesting part is that I *can*
print a newsgroup message (such as this one) with no problems at all,
and *can* print a web page. It's only email messages that are not
printing. It does not matter if I restart CUPS, clear the CUPS cache,
nothing works. Additionally, the same symptom occurs when printing from
my network connected (via SAMBA) machines. All other applications
(OpenOffice, Text, etc., etc.) print fine - ditto for the networked
machines.

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Ubuntu 7.04 2.6.20-16-386