boot splash screen

Glen Barber hexidigital at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 11:08:52 UTC 2007

> please help me to edit the /boot/grub/menu.lst file.

I am assuming you want `quiet splash` to permanently be disabled.

Open a terminal and type `sudo vi /boot/grub/menu.lst` (without quotes, and replacing `vi` with the editor of your choice).

You'll see a section called "### BEGIN AUTOMAGIC KERNELS LIST".  Scroll down, approximately 37 lines or so, and you'll see "defoptions=quiet splash".
Remove `quiet splash`, so the line reads: defoptions=

Close your editor, saving your changes, and run: sudo update-grub.  You should see the changes reflected next time you boot.

Hope this is what you were looking for.