wifi on boot?

(=?iso-8859-1?q?=60=60-=5F-=B4=B4?=) -- Fernando ubuntu at bugabundo.net
Sat Aug 4 17:50:00 UTC 2007

You need the "wifi-radar" to be installed  and started on boot, so you can use
your wifi connection.

On Saturday 04 August 2007 12:33:53 Björn Lundin wrote:
> Hello!
> I got Feisty on a Toshiba laptop and I have some trouble getting the
> wireless to work as  I would like.
>
> lspci gives:
> 05:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network
> Connection (rev 02)
>
> I cat get the wireless to connect (in fact this mail is sent through it)
> but ONLY after i log in to kde, and do a 'sudo /etc/init.d/networking
> restart'
>
> before I do that, the inteface has a self-assignr 169.x.x.x address,
> just as it does not get contact with the ap/dhcp server.
> But a restart of networing, and it gets its 192.168.x.x address?
> Anyone know where to look?
>
> bnl at tova:~$ cat /etc/network/interfaces
>
> auto lo
> iface lo inet loopback
> address 127.0.0.1
> netmask 255.0.0.0
>

> auto eth1
> iface eth1 inet dhcp
> wireless-essid YYYYYYYYYYY
> wireless-key XXXXXXXXX open
> wireless-channel 12
> wireless-mode managed
>
> #auto eth0
> iface eth0 inet dhcp
>

> I later on plan to get the eth0 working with hotplug.
> I looked via google and found no really good page describing how to
> get this fuctionality:
>
> 1 - when eth0 is plugged in, use that, and skip eth1 (my wireless is called
> that)
>
> 2 - when eth0 is pulled out, activate eth1
>
> 3- when activating eth1, check for the presence of my home net first,
> then another named network,
> else first open network
>

> but that will wait until I get eth1 up at boot.
>

> --
> /Björn
> b.f.lundin at gmail.com

- --
BUGabundo  :o)
(``-_-´´)
Linux user #443786    GPG key 1024D/A1784EBB
The body of this email is licensed under a Creative Commons
Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0

http://BUGabundo.net  -- http://BrinKadeiraS.BUGabundo.net