Progaramming: how to add a gui front end to a CL command?

Pete Holsberg pjh42 at pobox.com
Sun Aug 5 22:36:56 UTC 2007

Bruce Marshall keyed the following on 8/5/2007 5:39 PM:
>  On Sunday 05 August 2007, Pete Holsberg wrote:
> > It seems to me that it should be fairly simple to add a GUI front
> > end to a command. Does anyone have a reference (witj examples) for
> > me?
>
>  Press Alt-F2 and enter your command.  :-)

Not funny!

>  You give no details as to what you want to do....  or your
>  capabilities....

Pick any command that takes arguments. Produce a front end so that a
user doesn't have to remember what the choices for arguments are, can
enter values for the ones he wants, and pass them along to the command.

A little C, a little perl...

--
Pete Holsberg
Columbus, NJ

Treat everyone the way you want to be treated...