Network Problem

Pete Holsberg pjh42 at pobox.com
Sat Aug 4 00:31:39 UTC 2007

I turned all my computer gear off when the wife and I went on a short
vacation and now I'm having a strange network problem with the ubuntu box.

The other PCs are up and running as is the DSL device -- all Internet
connects are fine.

On the ubuntu machine, I can log in to the DSL router (via wireless
connection) and see that the router's Internet connection is up and
running, but I cannot make a connection of any kind beyond it, even if I
supply the IP address! I can ping the two PCs.

What could be wrong?

Thanks.

--
Pete Holsberg
Columbus, NJ

He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; he who does not ask a
question remains a fool forever.
- Chinese Proverb