Intermittent 100% cpu utilization

Andrew Robert andrew.arobert at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 08:32:16 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I think I have the problem resolved and Shaun gave me the hint when he said
it seemed to occur at specific web sites.

The issue is with Java and the associated plugins.

I used the synaptic package manager to completely remove both Java v5 and
Java v6.

I then reinstalled just Java 5 and its associated plugins.

Things have significantly calmed down.

I can't pronounce the issue completely solved but the majority of my pain
seems to have gone away.

Thank you,
Andrew Robert
Senior MQ Engineer