[OT] Astro Program

Gilles Gravier Gilles at Gravier.org
Mon Apr 30 08:04:02 UTC 2007

KStars can be installed even without KDE desktop. It will trigger the
installation of the necessary underlying KDE libs, but will work
smoothly inside the GNOME desktop.

It *DOES* retain its KDE look, and in particular the configuration menus.

KStars will appear in your Applications->Education menu.

KStars doesn't use fancy resources, and I've run it on very slow machines...

If you have a 3D accelerator, Stellarium is very nice to look at as well.

Gilles.

--
/*Gilles Gravier*/ *=* *Gilles at Gravier.org* <mailto:Gilles at Gravier.org>
*=* *http://www.gravier.org/*