Wireless Printing

debiani386 debiani386 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 17:35:10 UTC 2007

OOzy Pal wrote:
> On 4/28/07, debiani386 <debiani386 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> OOzy Pal wrote:
>>
>>> I would like to do wireless printing. How can I do this in Linux? Is
>>> there an arrangement i.e. certain printer with certain bluetooth or
>>> wifi connection? Any ideas will be appreciated.
>>>

>> Ive never seen a printer before with a bluetooth connection, usually
>> they come with ethernet. But what i normally do is have my printers
>> setup on another computer (I have more then one..to be exact, 3) and I
>> enable printer sharing on that computer. And since i use wireless, i end
>> up printing wirelessly to that printer.
>>
>> I believe kubuntu comes with bluetooth utilities, but regular ubuntu
>> doesnt (refering to 6.06, 7.04 is on its way). But you do have to have a
>> printer that is bluetooth compatible for you to print via bluetooth.
>> --cj
>>
>> --
>>

> cj,
> I have three computers too, laptop (Ubuntu), Desktop (Ubuntu) and
> Desktop (XP). My printer is connected to my Desktop (Ubuntu). How can
> I print wirelessly? Are you using Samba? NFS?
>
> I don't care to print from XP to Linux as I have another printer
> connected to my XP.

well, i regret to say this, but im using winXP (sorry, i dont have
enough hdd for ubuntu (2 partitions = 100% of my hdd) and the
NDISwrapper doesnt work with my wireless). But samba should work with it
since samba is compatible with windows file and printer sharing. Try
samba. see if it works that way
--cj