How do I find a particular piece of software in the repos?

Scott Lockwood scott at guppylog.com
Fri Apr 27 20:37:18 UTC 2007

Exactly - you can do the following, also:

scott at test1138:~$ apt-cache showpkg joe
Package: joe
Versions:
3.1-0.2(/var/lib/apt/lists/mirror.anl.gov_pub_ubuntu_dists_dapper_universe_binary-i386_Packages)

Reverse Depends:
Dependencies:
3.1-0.2 - libc6 (2 2.3.2.ds1-4) libncurses5 (2 5.4-1)
Provides:
3.1-0.2 -
Reverse Provides:

--