log into x as root

Scott Lockwood scott at guppylog.com
Fri Apr 27 14:11:55 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-04-27 at 12:42 +1000, Peter Garrett wrote:

> > More importantly, never, ever accept "don't" as an answer. That's
> just
> > pure <censored>, and is completely antithetical to the LINUX way of
> > things.
>
> I think you missed the smiley at the end, Scott :-)

Well, yes and no. I feel the guy's frustration. Sometimes, you just
badly want an answer to something, and you want it to be taken
seriously. That's where the guy seemed to me to be at. Now mind you, I
don't find it to be a terribly big problem, and I don't think you did
either, right? But that's not important. What's important is, to him, it
was a big deal. So to joke about it is to not take what's important to
him seriously. Better to just not answer the mail, if you can't take it
seriously, right?

Believe me, there are about 20 posts a day on this list that I just
don't answer, unless I can help, or can joke about it in a way that
won't offend.

It's all about respect.
--
Regards,