Feisty wireless with orinoco

Bruce Badger bwbadger at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 11:34:19 UTC 2007

I have an update on this.  As I type I am using the same Thinkpad T21
with the same Orinoco wireless card and everything is working as I
would expect ... I'm doing this under Knoppix 5.1.0.

Both Ubuntu and Knoppix are Debian derivative distros, so whatever is
causing the problem for me under Feisty must be fixable.

I mentioned that I have worked through the troubleshooting guide:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/WirelessTroubleShootingGuide

...and everything seems fine with the orinoco card in Feisty except
it's just not getting any data to send (as reported by wavemon).  The
card is just not being used as an ethernet interface by Feisty even
through the drivers report everything is good.

Are there any diagnostic actions I can take beyond those in the
troubleshooting guide?

Many thanks,
    Bruce
http://www.openskills.org/