good after noon sir

Brian Beattie beattie at beattie-home.net
Thu Apr 26 13:45:56 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-04-25 at 23:52 -0700, Matthew Kuiken wrote:
> Harry L. Lee wrote:
> > I expected my reply to go only to the author of the original phishing
> > message. my apologies for offending everyone's gentle sensibilities.
> > perhaps the censors should spend more time on actual content than being
> > 4 letter cops. I personally find phishing offensive if not illegal.
>
> I don't appreciate being called a four letter cop.  What I was
> responding to was an inappropriate response to a list email which I felt
> was egregious enough to warrant a request for politeness.
>
> I especially come to this opinion as the original email was not
> phishing.  Phishing, as has been pointed out elsewhere in the thread, is
> about tricking someone into revealing personal information.  Whatever
> else it might be, the original email was not that.  At worst it may have
> been spam.  At best, it may have been a new subscriber that started an
> email, and accidentally hit send before they were done.  This latter
> example is why I felt your comment required response.

You are right, it was not phishing, it  was a 419 scam.  419'ers have
not only been associated with stealing thousands, but they have actually
been quilty of murder, 419'ers are worse than phishers.

--
Brian Beattie   LFS12947 | "Honor isn't about making the right choices.
beattie at beattie-home.net | It's about dealing with the consequences."