How to get logcheck to ignore hddtemp lines that contain octal \200?

Adam Funk a24061 at ducksburg.com
Thu Apr 26 10:14:16 UTC 2007

Since I upgraded from Ubuntu Edgy to Feisty, hddtemp's output to
syslog has ended in "^P?: 34 C" (for example), where the ? represents
octal \200, so hddtemp always shows up in logcheck's output; ".*"
won't match it.  I've tried copying and pasting the funny character
from syslog into the ignore pattern, and I still can't suppress this.

Any ideas?

(This is a repost of my message to the logcheck list yesterday ---
sorry if you've already seen it.)

Thanks,
Adam