Upgrading from Edgy -> Feisty: Where's the new control panel?

Craig Hagerman craighagerman at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 08:30:49 UTC 2007

On 4/24/07, Severin Schoepke <severin.schoepke at gmail.com> wrote:

> Luca Manganelli schrieb:
> > Hi, I dist-upgraded to Feisty. But I cannot find "Gnome Control Panel"
> > unless I press ALT+F2 and write "gnome-control-center"...

I was wondering the same thing. I didn't see it anywhere. Then today I
noticed that the main Application menu has been changed. Now the second
entry (after Accessories) is "Debian". I explored what was under there and
found the control panel within Applications > System (I think). I have no
idea why there is a new entry for Debian. On my old debian system it was
there, but it seems odd on a Ubuntu install. Does everyone have this or just
me? In the latter case, I wonder why I have that Debian entry?

Craig