Are there softmodem solutions supported in any ubuntu repository?

Badger badgerclan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 21:49:05 UTC 2007

The first rule of Linux is. 'take nothing for granted.' You shouldn't have a
problem in most cases. I just upgraded from 6.10 to 7.04 with no major
headaches on a Mac Min G-4. My external Zoom modem is still recognized.

On 4/23/07, Luca Dionisi <luca.dionisi at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4/23/07, Badger <badgerclan at gmail.com> wrote:
> > If you read and follow the DialupModemHOWTO you should be able to
> determine
> > if your modem will work.
> > https://help.ubuntu.com/community/NetworkDevices
>

> Thanks for the link. I will be able to look at them later, not now.
>
> I used scanmodem and now I know that my modem is a
> Intel 537. Or at least it seems to me so.
>
> My first question is still open:
> if I succeed in enabling this softmodem, will I experience
> troubles when I use update manager in future?
>
> Thanks for any help and be patient with me.
>
> --Luca

Chris D. (Badger)

"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
-- Andrew Jackson