problem using amarok

Ed Smits ed.smits at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 14:26:30 UTC 2007

for the last while (ver 1.4 and up I think) Amarok will offer to install the
necessary codecs for you the first time you play an MP3, having done a dozen
or more installs this is the normal way to do it for me. Once the install is
complete you need to restart Amarok and all is good.

Are you sure there isn't another problem underlying Amarok here? It comes
with a "Welcome" ogg file already loaded, can you play that? You say that
Amarok "skips" to the next song, the only time I've seen that is when it
can't find the file. Usually running a complete "Rescan Collection" fixes
that