Issue With mdadm and/or X

Scott Bowdich sbowdich at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 08:13:23 UTC 2007

>     I've never known the glory of Linux-on-a-laptop, nor have I tried
> feisty...but I'll betcha the mdadm-thing is a red-herring; the most
> operative message you've got is the one about X bailing.
>
>     Have you tried a "safe" install?  One of the text-only or "VGA"
> settings?  Maybe there's some heartburn trying to figure out your video
> card.
>
> - --
>  Brian Fahrländer                 Christian, Conservative, and Technomad
>  Evansville, IN                              http://Fahrlander.net/brian
>  ICQ: 5119262                         AOL/Yahoo/GoogleTalk: WheelDweller

I've tried all those things booting from CD, but I still got nothing.
When I do the upgrade via the package manager, it works cleanly, but as
soon as I try to reboot the whole thing up and dies (mdadm, Xserver,
etc).  I'd try reconfiguring X, but the fact that the LiveCD doesn't
work either tells me that'd be an exercise in futility.

For the sake of information, I'm not running a RAID either...just the 2
partitions, for / and swap.  Halp!