[Dapper] Trying to set up Nagios 1.3

Brian Fahrlander brian at fahrlander.net
Sun Apr 22 02:33:06 UTC 2007

     I've been doing this long enough to really *hate* tarballs; our
monitoring server is running Dapper, since I've seen so many problems
with he other, development, versions and don't want to mess with it.

     So I'm down to using the very, very old version of Nagios, 1.3, and
I'm not far from using it; I'm hopeful that someone here has been in my
shoes.

     I have a number of hosts there, everything with MySQL is happy, and
I've created a couple of users who will use it, but I'm not seeing any
of the processes, which the log shows is working.

     I have "use_authentication=1" in there, the users are able to get
to the pages, until the part where it says "It seems you don't have
access to this part..." and reminds me to check all the things I've
already checked.

     Can anyone throw me a clue-rope?

(This message isn't signed; I'm sitting in a van, on duty, using WiFi....)