photos on website

squareyes squareyes at internode.on.net
Fri Apr 20 13:47:24 UTC 2007

norman wrote:
> I know very little about the use of websites and would appreciate some
> guidance, please. What I would like to do is to use the site to display
> photographs so that those who are interested may view them. This would
> be especially useful for members of my family who are widely scattered.
> I use Ubuntu 6.10 and have a website space available so, all I need, I
> hope, is some recommended reading and or software.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Norman

Hi Norman,
not sure what you need, if you are referring to web space available with
your ISP,
you will need to write a web page, but you may also do a google search for
free website hosting and use one of them to make up a site.

If you wish to write the site there are a number of applications you may
use.
Bluefish is nice, but you will need to know some html code. ,

try  http://www.w3schools.com/html/default.asp   for html tutorials

 An  ftp application to upload your html document to your isp's ftp
address.
gFTP is in the repositories. Check with your ISP for their ftp address.

Hope this helps.
Take Care
Winton