Back to Win XP for camera?

H.S. hs.samix at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 03:52:17 UTC 2007

squareyes wrote:
> Hi all,
> does any one know if it is at all possible to get a Pansonic NV-GS500
> 3ccd video camera to
> work with Ubuntu? Very nice camera, can access the sd card for the
> stills, but is there any way
> I can access the video, or am I committed to re-installing XP.
> Many thanks in advance, any suggestions very greatfully accepted.
> Take Care
> Winton

I am not familiar with this camera. Having said that, here goes:
Does it have a firewire port? (very unlikely that it doesn't). If yes,
what do you get in /var/log/syslog when you connect it to your computer
(which should have a firewire port too, obviously)?

Second, when your camera is connected, what is the output of the
following commands in a terminal:
$> lsmod | grep raw
$> lsmod | grep 1394
$> groups