Laptop hard drive making noises after Feisty upgrade

Janne Jokitalo janne.jokitalo at dnainternet.net
Thu Apr 19 17:59:52 UTC 2007

Hey all,

after Feisty upgrade today laptop is making funny noises, sounds very much
like hard drive being laid to rest in certain intervals of time. I typed
'sudo laptop_mode off' but it didn't make a difference. Does anyone know
what could be causing this? And yes, I'm sure it didn't do these noises
before the upgrade, but no, I can't be sure that it isn't going bad on me.
In case it isn't, maybe some tweak can be applied to stop the noise? Any
pointers in investigating the issue?

Best regards,

--
Jaska