2nd Network Card Configuration - Dapper

Clint Tinsley clintin at linuxmail.org
Thu Apr 19 15:43:28 UTC 2007

> On 4/19/07, Clint Tinsley <clintin at linuxmail.org> wrote:
> > I am sure I am missing a configuration setting that would make it all work
> > automatically so that eth1 correctly configured and and active on
> > boot such that
> > DHCP Server would start properly as well on boot.  The suggestion
> > box is open.
>
> Can you post your configuration so we can see if something is missing?

I am sure there is some other configuration file that I a missing besides "interfaces" in order for the card to come up correctly on boot because the system is seeing that there is an eth1 definition on boot because it names the "new" card as eth2.  But if I bring up the system without eth1 in the inferfaces file, then after bootiing, I am manually cofigure/add it in there as eth1, restart networking and then start DHCP-Server, everything works.  Got to be a configuation file somewhere for the actual card that I am missing.

I don't have access to the machine presently or I would send the file but I will assure it is very standard generic auto eth1 static entry and it works when I do everthing manually.

Clint